Thursday, June 30, 2005

Big Fish Tale


Thai fishermen caught a 646-lb. catfish in the Mekong river. Upon hearing the news, wildlife officials urged the villagers to release the beast so that it could spawn, but the catfish quickly died, was chopped up (presumably with a chainsaw) and fed to the village instead. For the full story, click here.

In November I was in Hawaii and did some snorkeling for the first time in my life. I swam with some fish up to 4 feet long and felt as though that was a big deal (I know it's not, but it sure felt that way!).

Can you imagine a fish the size of a bear swimming towards you?

2 Comments:

At 11:13 a.m., July 01, 2005, Blogger Declan said...

When I was a kid we had a deck of cards for playing 'go fish' which had various fish on them. I was always a little scared of the ugly catfish. So, I'm guessing that a 600+ pound real life version would make me a little nervous as well.

Luckily, they'll probably be extinct soon, so I won't have to worry.

 
At 1:48 p.m., July 01, 2005, Blogger Simon said...

Spearin - where is my mind?

Declan - thank goodness for human intrusion!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home